It’s no secret that Helvetica is the most popular font in the world of fonts, and that is only one of the many reasons that Iconic Orange chose it to be a part of our new brand. This 56-year-old font is full of fun facts and personality.
- Helvetica is a sans-serif font which means it has no feet on its letters. It also comes in a variety of weights making it applicable for basically any occasion.
- Viewers instantly relate to it because it is more similar to human hand-writing than a computer font.
- Helvetica can be used for many languages, including, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew and Korean.
- Helvetica was invented in 1957 by Eduard Hoffmann, who was the director of Haas Type Foundry in Switzerland.
- The font was originally named Neue Haas Grotesk but was changed to Helvetica, meaning Swiss, to make it easier to pronounce.
- Helvetica was originally used for the printing press but has made the transformation well into the digital world.
- “United States” is written in Helvetica on the side of NASA’s spaceships.
- Helvetica is the most popular font used to date, making appearances on street signs, some of the world’s most popular logos, and even your income tax forms.